Many Authors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» The Young Widow.......
The Young Widow....... EmptyFri May 03, 2013 8:33 am by Froggy

» Friends Don't Exist
The Young Widow....... EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:31 pm by Froggy

» Give the emoticon an expression
The Young Widow....... EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:26 pm by Whispers

» Destruction Lists
The Young Widow....... EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:24 pm by Whispers

» New banner
The Young Widow....... EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:40 pm by Froggy

» At the End fo Eight Years
The Young Widow....... EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:17 pm by Knyfe

» March activity check
The Young Widow....... EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:50 am by Knyfe

» Resident Evil- Head Shot
The Young Widow....... EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:59 pm by Whispers

» Would you rather?
The Young Widow....... EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:50 am by Froggy

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
The Villagers

free forum

The Young Widow.......

2 posters

Go down

The Young Widow....... Empty The Young Widow.......

Post  Froggy Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:28 pm

The Young Widow

There once was a young widow. Her husband was killed on his 20th birthday. The widow went to wake him and she found an empty bed splattered with blood.
The widow is now starving in the woods on a cold winter's day. Her belly aches with hunger.
A snowy white figure shifts in the distance. It comes closer and eventually she realizes it is a wolf. An abnormally large wolf.
The stunned woman is too shocked to move. As the creature approaches closer, her hunger fades. When the wolf is close enough, it licks her. Warmth spreads through her body and she feels comfortably stuffed. The miraculous wolf stalked off and she slept warm and cozy and well fed through the blizzard even though she's wearing nothing but old rags and hasn't eaten in days. She wakes to find a warm spring day with no snow on the ground after the rough snowfall the night before.
The wolf slowly approaches her once again and the same wonderful sensation floods through her once again. This continues the next four months until one day, the elder wolf does not show up. The widow soon grows dizzy with confusion. Nothing makes sense to her anymore. She looks down to see that her hands and body are as skinny as a skeleton. Her skin barely clings on to her bones. Suddenly she feels as parched as her scaly skin looks. The warm spring day shifts into a cold winter's night.
She sees a man in the distance. He shimmers in the light. She can see through him! The widow soon recognizes the man as her dead husband!
"You! You!" he bellows. "Why did you kill me? Why would you murder your own husband?!"
The widow's eyes bulge with shock, terror, and confusion. "I never killed anyone!" She yells at the ghost.
"You killed me!!!" he roars again. The man raises his hand, grasps his hair and tugs. His head flies right off his shoulders and disintegrates in thin air.
The woman looks down to see her hands coated in scarlet with an ax in her hands. The vision fades and the man speaks again.
"I told my friend to satisfy your hunger and warmth without giving you either. You grew thin and cold but felt nothing bad. But now you suffer for what you have done. And you will suffer even more after what you just did!"
The woman trembles. "W-what d-d-did I d-do?"
The man shakes with rage and the ground rumbles. A figure splattered with blood with a lingering stench of carrion appears in between them. It is the wolf.
"B-b-but I don't- I don't remember k-killing anybody!" she yells.
"That is correct. You never killed your husband." a whisper echos inside the widow's mind causing her to shudder. A blurred image of the wolf stands up. A spirit rising from a body comes out of the wolf.
The man doesn't seem to notice the wolf or the voice. He just keeps on bursting furiously, cursing the woman as she listenes and watches the wolf.
The creature comes closer to the woman. The ghost's voice is muted to her now. She just focuses on the creature that the man said she had killed. The beast roars and the woman feels pleasant with joy. It growls and she feels worse than what it feels like in her dreadful condition. Worse than the feeling of death. "I have the power to manipulate minds." The beast turns to the man. (Who is currently screaming "Are you even listening to me?!" In a nerve-wracking tone. The man is speaking with no head.) The wolf stomps a paw on the ground and images pop out of the man. Images of the widow coming with an ax toward the ghost. The monster turns back to the widow. "You never killed your husband. But now I need to kill you. I did not recently die! It's just another mind trick, fool!"
Suddenly the ghost husband stops dead. He closes his eyes for what seems like a hundred years but is really a few moments. He mumbles something to the wolf. Then louder and louder and louder. Eventually he screams at the top of his lungs over and over again. "IT WAS YOU WHO KILLED ME! YOU WOLF! IT WAS YOU!"
The widow doesn't know what to think. How could she trust that this was true? Her thoughts are interrupted by the white creature pouncing furiously on the ghost and ripping his heart out. How could the wolf touch the man if he is alive and the man is dead? Now it is finally clear to the widow. The man was a ghost who was killed by another. The wolf is a ghost who created a whole fictional tale in the man and woman's minds.
The wolf is now approaching the widow. "Why do you want to kill me? Just tell me why." She says with a massive paw on top of her chest.
"I said you never killed you husband. I did not die recently. I killed your husband for revenge. Because you killed me."

A story written by Froggy F. Tadpole
Froggy
Froggy
Admin

https://manyauthors.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Young Widow....... Empty Re: The Young Widow.......

Post  Whispers Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:57 pm

WHOA. WHOA. WHOA!!!!!!!!

THAT WAS CRAZY AWESOME!

It was confusing at first, but then when I read the last sentence everything came clear to me! I love it! A great twist for a story but still amazing. Very Happy
Whispers
Whispers

Back to top Go down

Post  Froggy Fri May 03, 2013 8:33 am

Thanks, pal! :DDDD That's the second version. Knyfe thinks the first one is better. Razz I dont.
Froggy
Froggy
Admin

https://manyauthors.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum