Many Authors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» The Young Widow.......
At the End fo Eight Years EmptyFri May 03, 2013 8:33 am by Froggy

» Friends Don't Exist
At the End fo Eight Years EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:31 pm by Froggy

» Give the emoticon an expression
At the End fo Eight Years EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:26 pm by Whispers

» Destruction Lists
At the End fo Eight Years EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:24 pm by Whispers

» New banner
At the End fo Eight Years EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:40 pm by Froggy

» At the End fo Eight Years
At the End fo Eight Years EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:17 pm by Knyfe

» March activity check
At the End fo Eight Years EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:50 am by Knyfe

» Resident Evil- Head Shot
At the End fo Eight Years EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:59 pm by Whispers

» Would you rather?
At the End fo Eight Years EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:50 am by Froggy

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
The Villagers

free forum

At the End fo Eight Years

Go down

At the End fo Eight Years Empty At the End fo Eight Years

Post  Knyfe Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:17 pm

In the beginning, it was easy. Easy to fight. Easy to rebel. Easy to stay alive.

In the end I suppose it was only eight years. That makes me twenty-three, by human standards.

For the first fifteen years of my eternity, I was called Beagle. But even I don't think of myself that way anymore. And she doesn't even remember her old name. I had no choice but to remember for her.

I guess this is why I don't like labels, not anymore. Where I come from, our name is everything. I was Beagle, and she was Ghost. She was nothing. Then suddenly she just took over, and suddenly they were calling her Beagle. I had no name so I took hers the same way she'd stolen mine. If you could even call "Ghost" a name.

I guess that's when I realized names weren't that important after all.

I became the faded pencil marks sketched at the bottom of a school notebook, ignored even more so than the notes crammed above.

Why she chose me, well, I have no idea. Maybe it was because of what I was, y'know--I mean, she was already immortal (undead?), why not add on transformation and an actual body to top it off? Or maybe it was just because I was young. Replaceable. Weak.

Maybe it's because she knew I couldn't sit still for more than an hour, and now that I couldn't move without her forcing me she could sit and laugh and I wouldn't be able to kick her for it.

In the beginning, it was easy. Easy to fight. And I guess in the end, it was easy too. Easy to forget that any of this had ever happened. Easy to forget that I hadn't been called Ghost from the start.

In the beginning, it was easy.
Knyfe
Knyfe

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum