Many Authors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» The Young Widow.......
The Mystic Ones- The Red Sun EmptyFri May 03, 2013 8:33 am by Froggy

» Friends Don't Exist
The Mystic Ones- The Red Sun EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:31 pm by Froggy

» Give the emoticon an expression
The Mystic Ones- The Red Sun EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:26 pm by Whispers

» Destruction Lists
The Mystic Ones- The Red Sun EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:24 pm by Whispers

» New banner
The Mystic Ones- The Red Sun EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:40 pm by Froggy

» At the End fo Eight Years
The Mystic Ones- The Red Sun EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:17 pm by Knyfe

» March activity check
The Mystic Ones- The Red Sun EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:50 am by Knyfe

» Resident Evil- Head Shot
The Mystic Ones- The Red Sun EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:59 pm by Whispers

» Would you rather?
The Mystic Ones- The Red Sun EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:50 am by Froggy

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
The Villagers

free forum

The Mystic Ones- The Red Sun

2 posters

Go down

The Mystic Ones- The Red Sun Empty The Mystic Ones- The Red Sun

Post  Whispers Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:20 pm

My story I started a few (1-2) months ago. xD

Intro-

What are Fairy’s? Not your typical, everyday flying miniature people. My name is Alara Carter, and I never thought, it never flashed in my mind, that I was a Fairy. I go to a normal school; I’m 12, live a normal life, but, I’m asthmatic. I live with just my cousin, and my dear turtle snappy, who I love like a mother. I don’t have a mother or father, because they’re dead. My life is pretty much normal. Don’t think so? Then go try your luck at Fort Mystic. Let’s see how that works out, mortal. I know. Saying, “My mom’s and dad’s dead” is not the proper way to go about things… but they’ve been dead since I was a baby, and that doesn’t really, affect me as much as it did since I knew at such a young age. How would you react if you found out you were a fairy? You’d probably freak out. Trust me, you don’t wanna be one. Our lives are not at all easier, a lot harder actually. So being mortal is a reward, that believe it or not, most fairies would want.

Chapter 1- I learn a lesson

My heart was pounding. My mind was racing. I was hyperventilating and gripping the old grey leather couch. I looked around and managed to cough out, “Sarah!” My eyes were rolling behind my head and my insides were going cold. Sarah, a girl with flamey red hair, baggy jeans, and a black T- shirt rushed out and lifted me up. She put the inhaler to my mouth and pressed it as I inhaled. I felt like the life was returning to my body and my insides warming up again as she did it a second time. When I had regained most of my strength, and was able to stand, she put my inhaler in my back pocket and walked me to my bed. I sat down with a thud, and she raised the blankets over me as I put my head to the pillow. Sarah was like a second mother to me, and stuck with me through everything. I looked at her tired face as she poured me a glass of water. I kind of felt bad, for her. And how she had to not only work most of the day, but when she returned had to take care of me, making her a whole different level of tired, and do it again the next day. Sometimes, I even wish I was never born. She puts her hand to my back, and I raise my body, pushing me up. Sarah put the glass of water to my lips and I sipped it up gently. When half the glass was gone, I lay back down as she puts the glass of water back on the small wooden Side-Table I had gotten for my bedroom on Christmas, along with a Encyclopedia. She turns to me and folds her hand on the side of the bed. She looks at me deeply; her blue eyes seem to be reading my mind. I look at the side of the bed, trying to avoid her eyes. “Alara, Don’t ever do that again.” I shuffled uneasily in my bed and she put her hand on my shoulder. “I love you, and you know, Heather would’ve been proud-“I didn’t give her enough time to finish. I was angry about how much she tried to put me up, even when she knew it wasn’t going to happen. “Proud of what?!” I yelled. “Proud of some freak who has asthma since birth, and goes into shock whenever she dances too hard?! I am not happy with my self, Sarah! Why can’t you see that?” She sighed and hugged me. “I was so emotional, I hugged back. I was sobbing, literally weeping, into her shoulder. That was a very sad night.
The next day at school, the inhaler was tucked in the back pocket of my jeans as I walked to class. I sat down in my seat and put my bag on the floor. I took a quick breath of my inhaler and stuffed it in my shoulder bag. I groaned as I saw the schedule. Today was Gym. I hated Gym, because whenever I had Gym, I couldn’t participate because of my Asthma and the boys would either laugh aloud, or giggle like immature little girls. So as usual, I sit there, with my hand on my cheek, listening to the boring lecture about Egyptians from my Social Studies teacher, Mr. Florin. He would walk around blabbering mummies this, curses that, and not even take one look around to see kids drooling, sleeping, or reading some crazy Manga novel about Buff guys who have super powers and fight aliens from another galaxy. I was the only one who even still had my eyes open. I looked around and saw a small, rat like, thing scamper across the room. It was so fast; you couldn’t even see it correctly. I tried to make it out as it ran across the room, and only managed to see the tips of its whiskers. It ran right across the front of Mr. Florin, and he was so interested into his Egyptians lecture himself, he didn’t notice. It stopped right in front of me and bared its teeth. You see, I was terrified- More like Petrified of rats and mice. I’m not a girly-Girl, but these things are scary. But, as it bared its teeth, its eyes seemed to tell me something, not an ‘I want to eat you’ look, But a, ‘help me’ look. You must think I’m crazy, me putting some weird rat I didn’t know in my back pack, but, I felt absolutely sure…
I walked into the Girl’s bathroom and ran into a stall. I closed the toilet lid and sat on it, hearing small squeaking noises from my bag. I zipped open my bag and the rat ran out, looking up at me with great appreciation. I stared back into the rats eyes and heard, “Thank you, Thank you!” I jumped back and the rat cocked his head. Had I really just heard a voice in my head, or was it really the rat? The rat scampered up the toilet seat and I seemed to understand it, and took a step closer. The rat pointed to the stall door, then back up at the ceiling with its tail. I watched, trying my best to understand. “What? You, you want to tell me something?” I watched hopelessly as it tired itself out, pointing to the ceiling, then back at the door, ceiling, and then door. I sighed and stood. But then, the rat looked deep into my eyes again and heard the voice. “The Mystic ones! They will help!” I took the rat gently by the tail and put it in the front pocket of my shoulder bag. I looked at the small window each classroom had and saw Mr. Florin still walking back and forth, the small Egyptian book with notes and symbols held close to his heart, his eyes closed as he chanted some sort of Egyptian song. I figured, yeah, sure. I slip in, put my bag down, sit in my seat, and wait until the periods over. Sure. So I ran in. but then, unexpectedly, he opened his eyes to finally take a glance around, or that’s what I thought, and caught me dead in the air with the shoulder bag frozen against my shoulder. He stepped forward and, and a hand was stretched out. His fingers seemed to be in a flexed position, and He was staring me down, a cold ice in his eyes. What was going on? Why the heck was I frozen?
As he walked towards me, his eyes weren’t normal. They were icy blue, and they seemed to pierce through my soul as they stared me down. I tried to run, but I was frozen in the air, and the only thing I could move was my eyes. I’m done. I said to myself. That guy is a killer of some sort who’s learned magic freezing powers. He seemed to wave one finger down and I fell to the ground. My bag flew to him right when I was falling when he pulled the air. He unzipped it and grabbed out the rat crudely. He squeezed it with one hand and chanted some sort of spell, his other hand curved over the rat’s head. All the anger and hate I had against rats disappeared. I had gotten so angry; I didn’t even know what I was doing anymore. I began to chant weird words that sounded as if my tongue was tangled; then, I waved my hands up, and threw them down. Nothing happened at first, but suddenly, faint buzzes can be heard outside the school. The rat looked at me and let out muffled squeaks, and its face was turning pale. I was furious. I was fuming. I felt like pushing him into flames. I pushed my hand forward and let out a loud battle cry, and the bees came pouring in, thousands of them, Heading straight towards Mr. Florin. They swept him straight off his feet and formed a ball around him as they carried him out the window. The loud buzzing hurt my ears, and everything was faint for a minute. I picked up the unconscious rat and placed him in my bag. I opened it a little, giving him some air to breath. My ankle hurt, from falling from the air recklessly. I limped out the classroom, and the whole school, was deserted.

Chapter 2- I end the World

I limped to all the classrooms and looked into the small windows. Nothing. No students no teacher, just empty desks and pushed in chairs as if they all had disappeared in thin air. I slid down on the wall and sat there. What was going on? Is this the end of the world? I heard squeaking again and quickly unzipped my bag. “You’re okay!” I said to the rat. I stroked its back fur and it licked my finger. I put it back into my shoulder bag and stood up. I limped outside and it was like World War 2. Everything was deserted. I looked in house windows and saw completely arranged furniture and nothing weird. Accept there was nobody in the houses! Even weirder, the TV was on, playing a kids show named ‘Good Luck Charlie’. I suddenly got a chill down my spine. “Sarah!” I ran/Limped all the way to my house near the beach, and kicked the door down, because it was locked. I looked everywhere. The bathroom, the living room, the kitchen, Sarah was nowhere to be found. The only thing that was there was my beloved turtle snappy, making bubbles at the bottom of his tank. I sat on the old grey leather couch and started crying. What if I was the only person left in the world? I put my bag down and limped into my room, and changed into my short-sleeved red T-Shirt and white and blue beach shorts. I opened my shoulder bag and the rat was sleeping. So I took out my inhaler and took a breath. I wasn’t very hungry so I limped into the bathroom and washed my face. A Shadow was showing behind the shower curtain. I hesitated than slowly slid it open. There was a man dressed completely in black with flaming red eyes staring right at me! I was so scared I stumbled back and tripped on Snappy’s rubber ball. I fell backwards and hit my head on the wall, than everything went black.

I awoke to a warm cloth on my forehead and the smell of medication and latex gloves. I had plastic tube in my nose that was helping me breath fine. My inhaler was on the white side-table along with gauze, bandages, and a paper that was mildly soaked in blood. My head was throbbing and in pain and my hips was sore from falling straight on my butt. Sarah was sitting on the bed next to me with her head cupped in her hands. Her hair was messy, as if she had woken straight up from bed and ran to the hospital. “S-Sarah?” As soon as she heard my voice she shot awake and I realized. She was crying. “A- alara? Y-your okay!” I shook my head and sighed. “What happened yesterday? Where-where were you?” She cocked her head and scoffed. “Are you okay? I was in the house, but you never came home.” “I went to the school, did everything. Mr. Florin said that he saw you sneak out the room, but you never came back.” I was shocked. Was I the person that disappeared? I looked up at her and she had begun to cry again. “We-We found you inside the house, and you were unconscious.””You were just lying there, and you were bleeding.” “But, your fine now.” “The doctor stabilized you, and you’re fine. “ She stroked my long brown hair and I managed to smile. But, what about that man I saw? I asked myself. Was he even real? She told me to rest and I closed my eyes. That night, I dreamt about Mr. Florin, and the way he looked at me. I was sitting in my desk and all of a sudden, he took the rat and began chanting that spell it again. I screamed and ran, but I couldn’t do anything. I ran in place, like my feet were stuck to the ground. I waved my hands and cried, than, he finished chanting and the rat disappeared. Then he started walking towards me. I woke up with a start. The doctors and 2 other nurses were trying to hold me down cause I was screaming, “No! No! Mr. Florin! Don’t do it! Stop!” I stopped as soon as I was conscious and they left. My mom was holding the inhaler and a cup of water. She looked at me and sighed. “What was Mr. Florin doing?” I shook my head. “You don’t want to know…”

The next day, I was able to go home with Sarah. She’s always stuck close to me, but now, she’s just over-protective. When I’m able to go to school, I bring plenty of gauze and my inhaler in my shoulder bag. All the boy’s and girls are whispering, -oh my god, did you hear, her head cracked open?” I got angry but kept walking to class. When I got in, there was a new teacher, Mr. Marpin. He’s always looking at me and glancing at me. It’s like he was paid to spy on me. I always try to ignore him, but in the end, I just end up staring straight at him, and he looks away. But then, something really weird happens on Tuesday. I walk through the hall and there is a boy with glossy dark brown hair and green eyes looking up at him. He’s whispering something about me, and telling the boy to make friends. I gasp and run away, and I hear and the boy with brown hair marches to class. Mr. Marpin is treading after me, catching up so quick I almost trip. He stops in front of me and I bump into him. His glinting grey hair and gleaming hazel eyes are almost hypnotizing. I look up at him and try to catch my breath. “Why, why were you talking about me to that boy?” He smiles and puts his hand on my shoulder. “You won’t tell anybody, won’t you?” His voice is sweet, like honey straight from the hive. “Yeah, sure.” I say. I’m not sure what I heard, but I know it’s not good. The next day, I’m walking to lunch, and while I’m eating my potato chips and chocolate milk, the boy is sitting right behind me. I was determined to figure out what Mr. Marpin said to him, so I get up and sit next to him. His eyes adjusted to me and he smiled. “Hey, I’m Josh.” I force a smile. “I’m Alara.” He takes a bite of his turkey sandwich and we exchange lunch. And before I know it, were best friends. We talk with each other every day and exchange lunch every lunch period. Before one Thursday in January, he pulls out an inhaler and takes two quick breaths, than hides it in his book bag. I laugh and shake my head. Why was he hiding it? “Look, if you’re afraid I’ll ditch you because you’re asthmatic, I won’t. He looks up at me and looks at the ground. I feel bad, so I take out my inhaler, and show it to him. “You have a hot pink inhaler?” he asks. I look at it and laugh. “Yours is green!” we both laugh and put our inhalers in our bags. He looks away and blushes. “You know, I’ve got a big secret that you might want to know.” I look at him deeply and narrow my eyes. “What?” he open his mouth to talk and lightning flashes, in the middle of a blue sky! He stands up when it cracks the ground and walks into the school. What was he about to say? I stand up and grab our bags to begin following him. When I creep inside the school and see him standing in a corner, I wait to see what he’s going to do. Then, he disappears in a flash of blue light! What’s left is a small note written on an index card. I walk over to it and pick it up. It says, “Alara, the truth about me is something you shouldn’t know. For your own sake. If anything happened to you, well, I try not to think about it.” “–Josh” I drop the card and run away, all the way home to my house near Manhattan Beach.

Chapter 3- The Source of All Evil

I ran inside the house and slammed the door once I had gotten in my room. Sarah looked towards me when I ran inside and walked to the door. She knocked and put her hand on it. “Alara? Alara, are you okay? What’s wrong?” I buried my face into my pillow and ignored her knocking. “Go away!” I shouted. She took a lock pick from the tool drawer and played with my doorknob before busting in. She sat on the side of the bed and I looked up at her. She sighed and shook her head. “What’s going on with you? Ever since we moved to Manhattan, you’ve always been having personal problems with school.” I looked away and sat up. “Do you know anything about, I don’t know, magic?” She looked away and and began to turn pale. “You’ve seen it, haven’t you?” I advanced next to her and put my hand on her arm. “Seen what?” “What is everybody hiding from me?!” She leaned close and looked all around, like there was an invisible spy nearby. “You know, about, Fairy’s?” Thunder rumbled outside the window and the sky’s turned dark. I shook my head. “No- they, they don’t exist!” Lightning struck just outside the house. She shook her head. “No, they are! That’s why he’s after you, you don’t believe!” I felt something cold strike my heart. “Who-Who’s after me?” She looked as if she had just told me the scariest thing in the world. “The Source of All Evil.” It started raining. “He’s someone you should never bump into, no matter what.” “Your life depends on it.”

Just then, a mess of tangled ding-dongs from our door bell shook the house. Sarah flinched and stood up, and ran to the door. She peeked into the little hole above the mail slot at first, then gasped unexpectedly and opened the door. I stood up, and walked over to it. It was josh. I hugged him and he smiled. Sarah nodded and pulled us away. “Alright, there’s not enough time!” josh nodded and took my hand and stepped outside. I looked back at Sarah and shook my head. “What’s going on, Sarah? Why aren’t you coming?” She smiled and put her hand on my shoulder, sweetly like the way Mr. Marpin did. “Its okay, Alara. Just go!” Josh sighed and pulled his hair behind his ears. “Sarah will be fine, let’s just go!” we both stumbled along the side walk and put our hoods on our heads. He stepped onto the street and waved his hands when a taxi passed by. he stepped near the window and I saw him look deep into the driver’s eyes, a man with golden blonde hair, a stubbed brown beard, and a yellow cap that says, ‘Manhattan Taxi’s’. I saw josh mumble something while he was looking into the man’s eyes and the driver repeat it. Shortly after, josh turned to me and motions me to come on. What did he just do? Was it more magic? By now, I was fed up nobody was telling me straight forward information. I ran to him and got into the taxi. The taxi driver told me his name was Roy with a monotone voice. It was flat like he was hypnotized, then he turned and began driving. I looked to josh, who was looking worriedly out the window. “What’s going on, Josh?” “What is everybody hiding from me?” he looked at me and said, “You will find out soon Alara.” “Just give it some time.” I scoffed and wanted to rip my hair out, but kept calm around a normal guy. We pulled up at Long Island beach and just got off. The man drove away without Josh paying him any money. I looked at josh who was tugging at me to run and I did. Then, a shadow arose above me and josh, and we looked up. Blood-shot eyes were staring down at us both, and cold, musty smelling breath, blew our hair. Josh stood in front of me and stretched out his arms. “RUN!” He yelled. I was frozen, I couldn’t move. I felt petrified at the sight of and a green, scaly hand, swept Josh aside. I watched as he flew over to the other side of the beach, hitting the sand like a little rag-doll in the distance.
I turned and ran as fast as I could away from the shadow, but it was like my shadow. I couldn’t get away. Then, I felt something as colder than ice grip my ankle. It tugged me and I fell straight on my face. My ankle was being pulled, along with the rest of my body, and I was being consumed in the shadow. My leg was already in it, and I was gripping the dirt and screaming. Just then, I heard somebody shout, “Eat this, Freak!” A blast of fire hit the shadow, and a wail of agony came from deep within it. He let my ankle go, and my ankle felt like it had been broken in 4 different places. I struggled to my feet and saw Josh in the far corner of the beach, right at the tip of the shore, the water brushing against him. I limped to him and put him on my back. I looked back at Sarah and saw her blasting fire balls at him and the shadow coming closer to her every second. She looked at me and a shock of surprise appeared in her eyes. From afar all I could hear was, “Alara, go to –rock in the –corner –the beach!” I barely understood due to the weight of Josh and the pain in my leg and pieced to together. Rock… in the corner… of the beach! I said in my mind. I limped to a large boulder at the corner of the beach and saw 3 rocks at the bottom it. It wasn’t opening. It looked like just a normal boulder! I knocked franticly on it and looked back at Sarah, who was still stepping back as she blasted the shadow with Fire explosions. All the power was drained out me. I just decided to give up. Until 2 hands came straight out of the boulder and pulled me and Josh, who was still on my back inside.

I kicked and screamed, “I have to save my cousin! Stop!” Then I heard the calming, Honey sweet voice and soft touch of Mr. Marpin that calmed me down immediately. I looked around and somebody took Josh off my back and carried him inside another room. I looked behind me and saw Mr. Marpin, sitting on his knees with his hands on my shoulders. There were 3 other people with us. A tall, skinny African-American man with his arms folded and a small bag in his hands. The bag was glowing, and he was looking at me with sincere eyes. They were a creamy grey, and they made me want to drink a hot cup of chocolate. The other was short and slim, and had a crazy looking hair-style that twisted and curled in all different directions. Her hair was blue, and her eyes were a flaming red. The last was short and pudgy, and had sunset orange eyes with short black hair. I finally had enough strength to talk. “What, who are you all?” Mr. Marpin glanced at my ankle and his eyes widened with terror. He made me stand up, and of course, I couldn’t stand on my left ankle. He walked me to a bright white room, with pictures of red medical crosses and bright blue shades covering over 30 beds stretching to the back of the room. He walked me to the first empty one and I sat on it. I took a solid look at my ankle and it had bites in it, each bite mark dripping with blood. He sat on the tip of my bed, and I looked at him briefly. I was determined to know what was going on. “Mr. Marpin.” I said. “I want the truth. What the heck is going on?!” He looked towards me and put his hand on my knee. “Alara, you, are a fairy.” At first, I didn’t believe him, but after a long moment of exchanging looks, I knew. He wasn’t kidding. I shook my head. How was this real? No, it couldn’t be! “How, How?” “This isn’t possible!” he laughed and looked towards me. “Have you ever wondered, even thought, how you’re mother and father really died?” I froze. How did he know about that? “Yeah… they died in a car crash… that’s what the cops told me!” he laughed and looked away. “They are all clueless!” “They have never found them!” “Your mother and Father were killed at the claws of Maleificent. Thunder rumbled in the sky and the ground shook a bit, enough to make me tilt on the bed.

Chapter 4- I eat Sparkly Stuff

I was shocked. To think, the cops told me they had died in a car crash, I went to the funeral, and saw them put the caskets in the ground. They all lied. Mr. Marpin sat quiet for a moment and I stared at him, like he was devastated also. Moments later, I felt a stinging pain in my ankle and he shot out of his daze. He glanced at my ankle, and it was sizzling, like there was acid on it. He put his hand on my shoulder, “Alara, stay here. Don’t get up. I’ll be back soon.” I nodded slightly and he ran out the room. I sat on the bed, completely lost… He rushed back in, with a girl following him. She looked like she was at least 14, and sat on the edge of the bed, right in front of my ankle. She smiled at me and placed her hands on it. “I’m Gwen.” She said politely. I smiled and winced when she touched my ankle. “I’m Alara.” She nodded and closed her eyes. Her smile faded. My ankle began to glow, and I felt another stinging pain in my ankle. She squeezed her eyes closed tighter, and began to sweat. Then, she stopped and jumped back. She was breathing heavily, and her shirt was soaked with sweat. The glow disappeared, and I looked around, what just happened? “What, what just happened Mr. Marpin?” He shook his head and sat down on the other bed beside me with a thud. Gwen looked like she had just fought fire. “Mr. Marpin.” She said to him. “I’m sorry, I thought I could do it-” But Mr. Marpin stopped her before she could say anything else. “No, Gwen.” He said. I was still sitting in shock. “You didn’t do anything. Go fetch me a bag of Fairy Dust from the Magic Making Chamber.” She nodded and ran out the room. “Your wound is too extreme to heal.” He said to me. I looked out the door. “What do you mean?” I asked. He sighed, like I was supposed to know this by now. “Your wound was made by a large, strong creature.” “Regular healing is not the right remedy for it.” Just then, Gwen rushed in the room with a brown glowing bag. The bag was made out of reinforced leather, and the strands of hair that closed it, made of silky beige horse hair. She handed the Bag to Mr. Marpin, and he stood up. He took a small silver spoon and opened the bag. I watched quietly as he took a scoop of the glowing dust. He held the spoon close to my mouth and put the bag on the side-Table. “Open Up.” He said. I hesitantly opened my mouth and he stuck the spoon in it. As I swallowed it, I felt like I had just stuck a raw Alka-Seltzer pill in my mouth, and swallowed it. When it was gone, the only thing I saw was a glowing essence on my ankle, and the Bite marks closing, but before I didn’t have enough strength to keep my head up, and I blacked out.
My eyes opened, and all I saw was the white, clean ceiling. Yes. I thought. This was all a dream and it’s over. But then I heard Mr. Marpin’s voice again. Oh, jeez I’m back into this stupid Fairy stuff again. I managed to sit up and I looked down at my ankle. Nothing. Not a blemish. It looked like nothing had ever happened to it. Mr. Marpin was standing near the bed and helped me up. I stood and we both walked out the room. Gwen was waiting at the doorway, biting her fingernails nervously. When she saw me she nearly jumped straight in the air. “Oh my, Alara, you’re okay!” She hugged me and I hugged back. I was glad to have someone to hug. She took my arm and looked around. “Let’s take a tour.” I cocked my head. “A tour of what?” She smiled. “Fort Mystic.” We waked down the hall, and I saw rooms. Each one had a symbol on the top, and the room number. One room had a glowing green flower symbol, and the number 10. The door was infested with overgrown weeds, and flowers. This continued all down the hall with glowing Symbols and numbers. But, at the very front of the hall, were 3 rooms. At the first room were 2 floor torches that weren’t lit with a glowing fire symbol and the number 1. There was one next to it with the door smelling of sea water. It had a glowing blue triple water drop symbol and I could hear the ocean just by looking at it. It said #2. The last one had a gust of air rush at you when you looked at it. It had 2 puffs of air that were swirling, just at the front of the doors, and there was 1 swirling glowing cyan symbol and the number 3. I turned to Gwen, who was dusting off her clothes. “Gwen.” I said. “What are these places?” She stopped dusting and smiled at me. “Well, these rooms are where all the fairies sleep. Each room represents fairies powers. “She points to the fire symbol. “This is the room of the Fire Fairy. We’ve never had a Fire Fairy join us at Fort Mystic, so the room has become old and dusty.” She points to the ocean-smelling room. “This is the Water Fairy room. We haven’t had a water fairy here since 100 decades ago. I thought about it. “What happened? Why isn’t she here any more?” Gwen sighed. “She said she felt like she was too grown for Fort Mystic, and left.” I understood now. “Ohhh…” She pointed to the room that blew air at your face every time looked at it. “This is the room of the air fairy. Fort Mystic has never homed one, but would like a strong Fairy at our side.” She sighed. She nudged me and we walked down the hall and she pointed to a room that had 2 bronze horses standing at the front, and had a symbol that had a glowing brown squirrel again, this time with its eyes like spirals. I felt like hugging the horses all of a sudden. And all I did was touch them. She pointed. “This is the fairy that rules all animals. She did a quick bow and looked at me like I should’ve too. I bowed a little and touched the door. It felt like a mixture of animal furs, soft and cozy. I stepped away and we continued on our tour. The fuzzy door and 2 bronzed horses disappeared as we neared the end of the hallway.

END OF PART 1~~

Whispers
Whispers

Back to top Go down

The Mystic Ones- The Red Sun Empty Re: The Mystic Ones- The Red Sun

Post  Froggy Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:43 pm

I love it! It's really great! Nice job. I hate reading on a computer screen, but this I could read easily. There were just a few grammar mistakes. I also have a question. There aren't any wind water or fire fairies then are there any fairies besides her? O.o If you want I could fix the mistakes for you, but over all this is a pretty awesome story. Tell me if this is a good addition to it:

She led me to a room where she told me I would be staying. "Make yourself at home. The girls here are nice." she reassured me.
"um, thanks." I said. Then, I walked over to another girl trying to make friends. Bad call. I opened my mouth to say something, but before I could speak, "I don't care. This room is too crowded already. Nobody ever appreciates new comers."
"Good to know." I replied, disappointed. I plopped down on a bed and thought about what just happened. Was I going insane or something? Suddenly, a girl came over to me. She had short strait tan hair and she was tall and kind of skinny. "I'm sorry about her. That's Elizebeth. I'm Cassie."
"Alara." I told her awkwardly.
"Welcome. And use this for future reference. Stay away from Elizabeth, Hannah, Sarah-"
"Sarah." I remembered that my cousin was fighting that monster to save my life. Was she okay? "I-I have to go." I mumbled to her. Obviously it wasn't my cousin Sarah though. It was probably rude to just dismiss myself from a conversation but I had to know where Sarah was. I rushed out of the room calling, "Mr.Marpin? Gwen?" All of sudden, Mr.Marpin came. "Mr.Marpin I want to know where Sarah is!"
"Woah slow down!" He said. "I promise you Sarah is going to be alright." He told me. I hoped it was true.

(sorry if it's not long. Tell me if you don't approve of it. ;3)
Froggy
Froggy
Admin

https://manyauthors.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Whispers Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:40 pm

It's fine! Very Happy Anyways, Here's some more...

Chapter 5- The Eatery

She smiled and took my arm. "How about we see some more to get it off your mind?" We walked a bit more and all I was wondering was, what type of fairy am I? Is there a chance I might be a long-lost air Fairy? After all, I’ve only been alive for 12 years… We walked a bit more until we got to two double doors. She pushed them open and the smell of fruit, cheese, and all other organic and healthy stuff hit me in the face. The room had over 15 small diner tables with a large grand fireplace in the front. There were several pictures of Mr. Marpin hanging above it a few other guys his age. Maybe a bit older. Me and Gwen walked over to the Grand Fireplace and laughed at some of the pictures. Between stifled laughter’s she managed to mumble out, this is the Eatery. Where everybody eats and makes their mess of the day. She finished laughing and wiped a tear from her eye. We’re allowed to come in here at breakfast, after breakfast, and then they call us in again at dinnertime to do our daily prayers to the 3 grand fairies. I nodded and smiled. “Who makes all the food?” She coughs into her sleeve and points towards a glass window that had baskets of grapes, squash, and other fruits, other baskets of bagels, bread, cream cheese, and other healthy looking food. “All of our food is grown and made. We often sell it to pay for expenses. 4 Good witches make and grow our food, Along with some help from the plant fairies, and the Fairies of wine and wild vegetation who grow many fruits and veggies. We have to eat like this to stay fresh and healthy for any unwanted guests. There is always a bad witch or wizard lurking around somewhere like the maggots they are.” She had a serious face on by now. I didn’t say anything. I just waited until she cooled off. I had a feeling Fort Mystic had a bad history with Witches and Wizards. Several awkward moments later, she turned and managed to crack a small smile.”Come on. I’ve still got to show you the Dance hall.”
We walked to a hall with crazy paint. There were blue spirals painted and green plant stalks, fires, cats, dogs, cows, horses, and other stuff. It was all beautiful, and the hall was wide, like lots of people could fit in it. There was a shut-off disco ball hanging in the middle of the ceiling. I could see faint colors in the holes, eager to turn on and start twirling. I felt a little vibe coming on myself, and I shook my hips a little. Gwen saw and laughed so hard, I think she should’ve blown a throat vein. I laughed a little too and she motioned me to look up at the Disco Ball. “The Disco Ball is not any other Disco Ball.” She said. “It was made 5 decades ago, with the help of the Air Fairy, the Fire Fairy, and the Fairy of the Moon. It was a gift from all of them, sent from their very homes and brought to Fort Mystic.” I looked up at it, and it was glowing at the very sound of the names. I touched it, and a shock went through my finger, and throughout my body. I jumped back just in time, before the whole Disco Ball fizzed. Gwen put her hand on her head and laughed. “Ohh, I forgot. The Disco Ball was also powered with the help of the Lightning Fairy.” I sucked the burn mark on my finger. “Thanks for the warning.” She put her hand on my shoulder and we walked into a door with a small bag of the glowing dust I ate. Right below said, ‘Enter and I Shock you.’ Gwen laughed. “Don’t be afraid. This is Mr. Marpin’s office. He always puts those signs up to scare away nosy Fairies.” “Only the staff is allowed. Like the Elders, ect. You can also go in if you have some personal problems you want to share with him. Kinda like a counselor.” She puts her hand on the bag and looks at me. “This is Fairy Dust. It’s made by crushed diamonds. It can be used to do anything, just as long as it’s good. But first, you have to enchant it in order for it to do what you want.” My smile faded. That was pretty dumb, to my calculations. “Doesn’t that mean bad witches and wizards can just enchant it and use it for bad?” She thought for a moment and laughed quietly to herself. “No, the fairy dust is somewhat, alive. It won’t react to what you’re doing if it feels it’s wrong. You see, Mr. Marpin enchanted it to heal your ankle and your insides so you could get better. That’s good. That’s why he had you eat it.” I nodded. “Ohhh, so that’s why it tasted like acid right? Because it was healing my insides?” She nodded and smiled sweetly, like she was glad I was getting it, and she was teaching me all this Fairy history and stuff. “Alright.” She sighed. “Time to show you the Training Grounds, and the Power Grounds.”
We walk through pure steel triple doors and I see mats with other boys pinning each other down, I hear grunting and swords clanging and people cart wheeling away from each other as they try to slash them with their swords. They’re all so focused on training with each other; they barely notice a new girl come in. Gwen puts her hand up and waves it around the room. “This is the training grounds. It’s where fairies come to train with real, hardcore weapons, and not their magic.” I gasp. The sight of all this weaponry and the fighting made me want to do some. “You can train when you find a weapon.” She nudges me to the end of the room and we go to another pair of triple doors. Above a bell says, ‘Power Grounds’. We enter, and I could see kids blasting others with leaves, or others tripping each other with pebbles. I walk a bit too close to a match and a boy with a spiky black Mohawk, black biker jean, and a white T-Shirt turns to me. He has a wicked look in his purple eyes. “OOHHH, look! A newbie!” He walks up to me and flicks my nose. I flinch back, but I started to get mad. I balled up my fist, and stared in his purple eyes as he stared in mine’s. “What’s up, newbie? Need some help? You’ll never survive a week.” He blows a puff of darkness in my face, and I get so mad, I push him back, and say, “Mekanun! Compai!” A lion jumps out my palm and roars at him. It starts to walk forward and bares its teeth it roars so loud, the boy’s Mohawk seems to droop. He blows a puff of darkness at the lion, and all the lion does is sneeze. The lion is ready to pounce him when I say, “Mekanun!” The lion whips around and looks at me. He sits at my feet and I pet his mane. I look up at the boy. “If you ever mess with me again, I won’t stop him.” The boy backs away slowly and smooths up his Mohawk. “I’m not scared of you, or you’re stupid Lion!” The Lion stands up and roars so loud at him, the boy falls down. He gets’s up, and runs away. I say, “Mekanun, Blatshi!” The lion turns into a yellow and brown mist and disappears into my palm. I smirk and look around. Everybody, even Gwen, is staring at me like I’ve got 3 heads and 1 eye. Gwen takes my hand. “This tour is over.” She slams open the triple doors and we run out the room. We ran through the hall and she stopped at Mr. Marpin’s office. She turned to me. “Hold on.” She knocked furiously on Mr. Marpin’s door and I swear it should’ve been broken. Mr. Marpin opened the door and Gwen whispered something in his ear. I was watching, puzzled. He turned to me and motioned me to walk in his office. I walked in, and sat on one of the cozy blue office chairs. He sat on the huge black one behind the desk and sighed. “Alara, where did you get that spell?” I thought but then I remembered. I didn’t have a spell. “Mr. Marpin, I don’t know where I got it, something just, snapped in me. I was getting so mad. So I just said those words. I didn’t know I was summoning a lion.” He glared at me. I knew he didn’t believe me, but I told him the truth. I know I did. Finally, he spoke. “I don’t know if I believe myself but, you Alara are one of the strongest and rarest Fairies alive.” I freeze up. Was this real? How am I special in any way at all? He stood up and walked near the doorway. “Come on.” I stood up, and walked stiffly with him and Gwen.

Chapter 6- I’m a what?

They stopped at the same Fuzzy-Looking door with the 2 bronze horses. He gave me a key that looked like pure gold with a horse head. I slowly unlocked the room and opened it. Inside was all the animals I could think of painted on the walls with bizarre colors! The cats were red and brown, green and blue, the horses were amber and brown, with a mixture of orange and purple, the dogs and lions were yellow and brown, white and grey, the beds stands were pure bronze and they were cold and dusty. The rug was so soft and fluffy, and they had 2 horse heads on it. I turned to Mr. Marpin. “Why are there so many horses? Are they some type of symbol?” I asked him. “Because Horses are the most rare and noblest creatures of all. “ I actually saw a small creature, hiding behind the bed. I walked over to it, and it was cat with a spiked collar on. It’s eyes were amber, they looked almost like jaguar eyes. “This is your guardian.” Mr. Marpin said. I picked up the cat and turned to him. “What do you mean? She can protect me?” Immediately, how did I know the cat was a she? He nodded. “She protects you when you are in danger, and fights beside you in battle. She can understand you, and she can talk to you in your thoughts.” I looked at him in disbelief. “How will a little cat protect me?” He looked at the cat. “See for yourself.” I thought for a moment, and then yelled, “Fokani, meshi Boca!” The cat jumped out my arms and started to turn into a much larger feline. She morphed into a leopard, and stood by my side. She licked my hand and I hugged her. Mr. Marpin smiled and walked out the room. As he was leaving he said, “I’ll leave you to your business. I’ll announce on the loudspeaker in a few minutes that it’s Dinnertime. And, you might want to clean up a bit.” He and Gwen walked out the room, and I looked on the Leopards collar. It said, ‘Fokani.’ I sat on the bed and a heap of dust imploded in my face. It was like a mini dust bomb blew up on my clothes. “Ew, Ahhhh…” I stood up and took my sweater off. “Now to clean this up…” I took the sheet off the bed and shook it on the floor. Dust flew in my face and nose and one time I even choked in the process. After a few minutes, maybe about 10-20, I don’t exactly have a watch, I was finished. My bed, clothes, and dresser were clean and stocked with clothes. My bad news, my carpet and floor were STOCKED with dust bunnies. “Oh, wow, that is a lot of dust…” I saw a trash can in the corner of the room and managed to stuff all the dust down it with the broom and dust-pan.
I was walking around, admiring my now clean. Dust-free room, when I heard a voice on the loudspeaker above my door. “All Fairies are to report to the Eatery for Dinner! And Mr. Kraven, please report to Mr. Marpin’s office after Dinner.” I saw a glittering silver leash on top of the dresser and I had to tippy-toe to get it. I looked at Fokani’s silver spike collar and smiled. “Well that comes in handy. Fokani, Stali!” The Jaguar morphed back into a cat and I put the leash around her silver-spike collar. “Let’s go to Dinner.” I told her in my mind. She looked up at me and dragged me out the door. “Whoa, you sure look hungry! Slow down, Fokani! Please!” I told her in my mind. She automatically started trotting to the Eatery with me. “That’s better.” We walked into the large Room and I sat at the one empty looking table that had the same symbol my room had. I sat down at it and tied Fokani’s collar to the table leg and she sat down, purring. I turned around, and everybody stared at me. I scrunched in my seat and Mr. Marpin cleared his throat. They all turned away, and Mr. Marpin nodded. He was standing in front of the Grand Fireplace we saw, and there the 4 good witches Gwen told me about. They all had Amber hair and Violet eyes and the best sun tan I’ve ever seen. They were working away, chanting some weird food spells and picking out perfect loafs of bread. Yeah, their just doing their jobs, I thought. So I turned back to Mr. Marpin. “As you all know,” He stated. “The Fort is currently making lots of progress and so are the Fairy powers and weapon skills. But it is important that daily patrols are held at day-break and nightfall using the invisibility powers from the mortals. If any one of them notices or tries to Fort Mystic, they are to have their memory of Fort Mystic erased. I will be accepting volunteers after Dinner.” He looked to another man behind him that was only a few years younger and the man stepped forward. “Yes, and also, I will need help down in the armory and one more plant Fairy to volunteer down here in the Eatery. I will be accepting at nightfall.” Mr. Marpin looked around. “Everybody stand.” Everybody quickly stood up and so did I. What was going on? Was this some type of, I dunno, Ritual or something? I seen one, and it looked like one to me. He took a flame of fire from the fireplace with a torch and set it down in the middle of the floor. To my surprise, it didn’t burn the floor. It just flickered there, as if it was dancing. He took a drop of water and dropped it. “It never touched the floor. Just danced there, in the air, next to the fire. Last, he blew a gust of air. It wasn’t a ball at first, but a lightly visible swirl of wind danced in the air, next to the drop of floating water, and the flickering fire. Mr. Marpin closed his eyes, the other man did too, and so did everybody else. Of course, what else could I do but close my eyes? Everybody formed into a circle around the fire, water and air on the ground and held each others hands. I prayed for my cousin Sarah to be okay, for Jake to be okay, and last, for that huge, weird thing that almost killed me to be dead, gone, perished. After a few minutes, the 3 elements curled together and shot straight out the ceiling. It made a zipping noise, and everybody opened their eyes. “Alright everybody.” Mr. Marpin said. “The last announcement I would like to make, is we all must welcome our very First Ruler of all Animals Fairy to Fort Mystic!” He motioned to me to come up. I awkwardly stood up, and walked over to him. “Alara Davenport!” There was scattered applause, and an annoyed, “Whoooo…” Mr. Marpin looked at them and patted my shoulder. “You go sit in your seat now, Alara. I gave them all a brief look, like, what’s your problem? Go, express your disappointment somewhere else you party poopers. It’s not my Fault Mr. Marpin had to embarrass me in front of a whole bunch of other kids. And sat down, sinking in my seat again.

Chapter 7- I eat Healthy Food

Then, everybody started talking, and plates of grapes, pineapple, carrot sticks, thick bread with cheeses and cream cheese, and pieces (rather small pieces) of baked chicken and ham started poofing in front of the other kids and they acted like it was nothing. Most of them turned and dug right in. A plate with at least half of this stuff poofed in front of me. I jumped back and fell out of my seat when it appeared. A boy saw me and gets out of his seat, just to help me. He takes me by my arms and with such little effort, lifts me off the ground. I get to my feet and look up at him slightly. I’m 4’4, and he must’ve been at least 4’7. He looks down at me, smiling. His eyes are glowing bright yellow, his hair a silky red orange. “Hey, you need any advice, he whispers, I’m in the Fairy of Fall room, okay? Just look for the glowing orange leaf and number 14. He zips away just as quickly as he came and sits back in the seat besides his friends. They also have orange red hair with glowing yellow eyes, but there were 3 or 4 things that are different about him. Like his hair is a lighter tint of orange, and his eyes are softer, warmer, than the others. I look away and back at the plates of food. I realize how hungry I was, but kept my cool and started eating slowly to prevent awkwardness, even if I was at the table alone.
As I lay in my bed that night, I was looking straight up at the ceil ing. The only person that flashed my mind was Sarah. What happened to her? Did she somehow survive, and lead that monster to its death and escape? I couldn’t sleep. My heart was aching at the thought that Sarah might actually be dead. I thought about what that boy at the power grounds said. ‘You’ll never last a day.’ I looked around my room and sighed. How did it all come to this? I’m having a hard time swallowing this sudden ‘home’. It’s like I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place! Fokani slept soundly at the edge of my bed. I stroked her fur, and then I thought about that boy at Dinnertime. I finally yawned for the first time in 15 minutes and closed my eyes. I was having a dream. Sarah was lying in the grass, hurt, shooting small weak fireballs out of her palm. She had scratch marks in her sides, and her clothes were tattered and ripped, like she had been crawling for days. I was standing there, watching, as the shadow neared her, its scaly arms out stretched. I started running, screaming, but there was nothing coming out. All I could hear was the still silence of the night, wrapping around the sky. I shot bees, wasps, everything I could out my palm, but it was going straight through the shadow! Not even affecting it! The last thing I saw was the shadow disappearing onto Sarah. I shot awake, beads of sweat on my arms and face, my usually long, silky brown hair now frizzy and lop-sided. I stood up yawned. I was still breathing heavily, as if I was running in my sleep. I opened the door and looked outside. There were at least 10 kids in the hallways, some dancing in the dance hall underneath that Disco-Ball, or some heading for the training grounds. I had slept later then I thought! I headed for the sink in my room and brushed my teeth with a cinnamon- flavored tooth paste and fixed my hair. I stuffed some clean clothes on and walked out my room. Somebody tackled from behind, and instinctively, I twisted the persons arm and banged them on the ground. “Ow.” Was all the person said. I took a brief look and saw an upside down, wary version of Josh, my best friend I had made back in Manhattan. I quickly let go of him and helped him up. He had a cast on his arm already, and I felt bad about hurting him even more. He pushed his brown hair behind his ear and smiled. “Hey! If you’re wondering where I was for the past, like, 2 days, I was being healed by the Elders. I smiled. I was so glad he was back! He was the only person who really understood me besides Sarah. “So how badly were you hurt?” I asked. “Well…” He put his hand on his chin. “I’m pretty sure I had 5 broken ribs, a broken arm, and a twisted ankle. They could heal everything else accept the arm. That has to heal itself.” “I was supposed to take you training today,” He whined. “But because of my arm not being fully healed yet, Gwen will pick you up after lunch today to do that.” He smirked. “So we’ll have to find something else to do.” I leaned against the wall, kinda disappointed, but it wasn’t his fault his arm was broken. “So what are we gonna do?” I asked him. He looked around. “I know our first stop! Come on!” He took my hand with the other arm and we ran down the hall.
We stopped at a large wooden door, with 2 snakes at the edges. He walked inside, since it was open, and greeted 6 men sitting at a table at the end of the room. They looked up at him they all looked at least in their 40’s or 50’s. I instantly bowed and smiled. “Hello, I’m Alara Davenport.” The Elders studied me for a moment and one managed to smile and stood up. The other’s just looked at me, which was kind of creepy. He walked up to me and bowed back. “Pleased to meet you as well, Alara. My name is Samuel Trevor.” I smiled. “You too.” He looked to his brothers. I noticed he seemed a little older. “Well?” He asked. “What are you all just sitting there for? Come on! Greet the young Fairy!” The others sighed under their breath and bowed at me. The last cringed when he stood up. I felt, mad. Why were they bowing to me? And why was it so hard for them? “What’s going on?” The first one that stood to greet me raised his eyebrows. “Your Mother and father were very popular. And I know that you are the Ruler of Animals Fairy.” I smiled. “Really? So what does that has to do with you guys bowing?” “Well,” He said. “You are a rare and powerful fairy. Sure you must know that your parents were very strong and respected greatly. So in order to respect them, we must bow to their offspring, you.” I blushed. “Thanks.”

Chapter 8- Who let the Earth Fairy out?

We were there for a good solid hour, talking about the history of some dark presence called The Hollow, and learning how to enchant fairy dust to our advantages. “Thanks for everything!” Josh and I shouted as we walked out the door. Before I managed to turn around, I heard a, “Oooff!” I whipped around to see 2 girls that looked about in their fifteens. One had dusty gray hair and a hard, cold frown. She looked like she could lift thousands of pounds of rock and break it in half on her knee. The sight of her made me want to just run away as far as I can. She was wearing a Red T-Shirt that said, ‘Fort Mystic’ (Along with everybody else accept me) and black skinny jeans. The second girl looked like she was made straight from leaves and orange light. Her hair was a light orange, no, red, ah whatever, hair that was kind of like looking at the sun. Her hair was a messy pony-tail and she was holding a golden light in her palm. She was squeezing it, like she it now to throw it or not. The one with grey hair charged at her, and she threw the light at her that bursted into a clump of sappy leaves when it hit her face. But before she managed to at least turn and sprint to the left a little, the girl with gray mumbled a word that kinda sounded like macaroni and pebbles shot out of her palm and on the ground. The girl with orange hair tripped on one and fell straight on her chest. The scary girl wobbled over to her and lifts her by her messy orange ponytail. Her voice was a weird, sound, like she had rocks in her throat. She held a razor-sharp rock point to her throat and kneeled next to the girl. “If you ever, and I mean ever, try that again, you won’t see the light of day ever, again.” She let go of her ponytail and crushed the rock, pouring the dust on the girls head and stormed down the hallway, her grey short hair shaking behind her. The girl scrambled to her feet and ran into the girl’s bathroom. I heard a shuddering sound behind me and saw josh staring into the hallway. Why was everybody who saw this girl petrified of her? Hmm… The shirt meant she was a regular fairy and not some evil demon, but why she was so... What’s the word…? Scary? I wasn’t scared, but it seemed like everything that had happened to me in the past few days was dawning on me. I nudged Josh and he nearly fell over before realizing he was just in some type of trance and grabbed my arm for balance. “Huh, what?” He mumbled. “Who is that girl?” I asked. “That’s Talwyn. She’s the head earth fairy for the Earth Fairy room and doesn’t care for anybody unless herself, and her cabin mates. But mainly herself.” “Wow… she sounds like a really heartless girl.” “Trust me, she is.” He whispered. “Hmmm… what about the girl in the bathroom? Who’s that?” I asked. “That’s Celeste.” I nodded and turned. “I’m going to go talk to that girl. You just, stay watch until I come out. Or meet me in my room.” I walk into the bathroom, not knowing what kind of mood she might be in when she meets me…
I crept in and saw her standing with her back against the pink-brick wall. She was wiping the dripping mascara off her eyes and crying at the same time, which was pretty stupid. She hadn’t seen me yet until I came into mirror-view. “Who-Who are you?” She said. She looked really, innocent, like she belonged in the Fairy of Heaven room. “I’m Alara Davenport, and, what exactly did the girl do to you? That made you attack her?” Her eyes widened, like she had just took a bite of raw lemon. “Me, attack her?! It’s dangerous enough to stand 3 feet away from her! If I attacked her, I might as well be crazy! She pushed me, because I was a newbie, and threw self-defense; I threw the leaves in her face.” No wonder a bunch of kids have been going to the Infirmary! She’s an Earth Fairy and she can not only haul super-big boulders at you during training, but trip you with tiny pebbles and twist your ankle or something. But, theirs a bully everywhere. There has to be. She looked at her hand and her face in the mirror. “But, what could a measly Fall Fairy do? Throw stupid leaves and pumpkins out of their palm, when some are throwing squirrels!” Immediately, I felt a quench in my stomach. Who would want to be the last Fairy of your kind? A Ruler of all Animals to be specific. She’s lucky there are still at least a dozen Fall fairy’s in just one place. Before I could tell her anything about me being the last Fairy who throws squirrels, the loudspeaker outside came on. (This was loud enough to hear.) It was Mr. Marpin’s voice, but it sounded troubled, like something serious was troubling him. “Uh, all Fairies report to the Eatery for lunch. Thank you.” I saw the girl biting her fingernails nervously and her leftover mascara starting to leak again. “What’s wrong?” She looked at me and sighed. “Mr. Marpin is going to introduce me!!! All the other fairies will be so… annoyed! Ugggh! And on top of that, I have to sit with a dozen goofy boys at the same table.” Yep, you guessed it. She does sound pretty annoying. She’s got a mildly squeaky voice, and it’s not very pleasing hearing it for the first time. I’m just glad I have a lot of patience, or I would’ve burst a long time ago. I instantly walk to the door. “It’s all right. I’ll be encouraging you the whole way.” She hesitantly steps back, then walks over to me and I open the bathroom door.
We walk out together, and Josh smiles at me and walks over. “I see it went well, eh?” The girl nods and I look down the hall to the door of the Eatery. “We should get going before we’re late.” I grab Josh’s hand without thinking and walk to the Eatery with him and Celeste. We walk in, and everybody, along with all the other Fall Fairies turns around to look. I peer at them and I look up at Mr. Marpin, who’s itching his chin and mumbling to himself. He looks real stressed, like just drank gallons of coffee. Josh lets go of my hand and walks to the table with a variety of at least 17 other boys and girls that look at bit older. Maybe 14 or less. I walk to the empty table and I sit down and Celeste trots over to her table and sits on a chair far away from the boys. “All right.” Mr. Marpin said. “There are many things to discuss today, but first, our prayers.” Everybody stands, and he places the 3 main elementals on the ground. We form a circle and everybody closes their eyes. After everybody has prayed, the 3 elements, Fire, Water, and Air shoot into the air and we all sit down. Mr. Marpin clears his throat and rubs his forehead. “Everybody, Fairies, Whitelighters, Elders, Fairies, Fort Mystic is under attack.” A small gasp runs through the gasp and everybody looks at each other. “1 of the 3 Elemental stones protecting, and creating a barrier over Fort Mystic is gone. The Fire stone has been stolen.” There are precautions that have to be made and quests to be given. But first, we must find out who have stolen it, and why.” I could see the stress in his eyes, and how much of it he’s holding back. Tons of it at least. He rubbed his eyes. “I need several volunteers for the upcoming task. If you’re afraid you cannot handle it, it is understandable. At least 24 kids, including the scary Earth Fairy Talwyn from earlier, raised their hands. Mr. Marpin wrote something down on a piece of paper and he and he waved his hand. Nervous conversations and excited ones to arose into the air like a wave of sound. I saw Celeste mumbling words underneath her breath as the boys stared at her. It sounded kinda like, “Stop, not funny, stop, staring!” I have to admit, I do feel kind of bad for her. I look down next to my foot and nearly scream at the sight of nothing. I can’t believe I forgot Fokani! She’s my only entertainment since I’m alone at the table. Just then, 2 plates poofed in front of me that had corn on the cob, peas and rice, a piece of chicken, and a piece of cornbread. I took a bite of the corn and put my other hand in my sweater pocket. I felt something that was cold, like plastic. I pulled it out and saw something like a whistle. It had a little cat head on it. Immediately, I thought of Fokani. I blew it and nothing came out but a frilly, squeaky noise that I barely heard myself. Fokani came trotting in the room with her spiked collar on and sat next to me on the floor! “Fokani! I lifted her up and placed her on my lap. She ate my whole piece of chicken and I ate the rest. When people began to get up and leave, so did I. Josh caught up with me shortly. As soon as he saw Fokani in my hands he jumped back. “Ahh!” “What!” I asked. It’s just a, a cat leopard?” He shook his head. “No, that’s the ancient Panthera pardus, pet and animal Guardian of the Ruler of All animals Fairy!” I nod. “So?” He looks back at the cat, then me, then back at Fokani. “You’re the-the…” I nod. “Yep…” He then begins to fall back, and his eyes roll behind his head! I let go of Fokani and she lands on her feet safely. I catch him just in time, and an Elder automatically poofs in front of us. He takes Josh and hoists him over his shoulder. “He’ll be fine, Alara. Just get some training.” He put his hand into the air, and disappeared in a flash of blue light.

Chapter 9- The Hollow

Something troubling you? Is it me?” She asked me through my mind. I closed my eyes and responded to her, even if my mind was on other things. “No, of course not, Fokani! You have done nothing wrong!” She nodded and sat on my bed. Meanwhile, I was feeling a whole mix of feelings! Was Josh okay? What about Sarah? She’s still lost, probably, probably… No. She’s not dead. She can’t be… Just then, I heard a voice in my mind. It wasn’t Fokani, no… It was a male voice, a raspy one, and his voice made my heart cringe at the sound of it. “Child, there is no need to be afraid anymore… Come, join me, and together, I will help you find your dea I paced in my room, Fokani looking at me worriedly. “What’s wrong, Master? Is there r, beloved cousin Sarah. The others won’t help you… they don’t care about you… but I, I do child.” Who was that? But his voice, it had so much, trust… My body wanted to go to wherever the voice was telling me, but, deep in the back of my mind, something, was telling me to ignore the voice, and go to Mr. Marpin instead so he can help me, but, I just started walking. Out the door and thorough the hallways. Again, the voice beckoned to me. “Yes, yes child… Come to me…” Then, my conscience shouted, even louder to me, and my limbs started to obey. “No! Don’t do it Alara! It is not what you think! It won’t help you! It won’t!” I pulled my legs back, and held my arms, and I grunted, trying my best to stop my limbs from moving, then, I stopped. I was panting breathing heavily, and my mind was empty. I could think again. The voice was no longer speaking to me. “What, what just happened? What’s happening to me?” I thought. I ran back to my room, and sat on my bed. Fokani was growling at something in the corner of my room, I held my head. There were things left and right, I felt like my life was going downhill, into a boiling pot of lava, or even hell. I closed my eyes and shouted, “Fokani, meshi Boca!” She morphed into a leopard and pounced the thing in the corner. She was swat aside and started biting onto something. I got a bunch of angry rhinos ready in my hand, when something crackled, and a man, with a clean cut beard, shaggy red hair, and a black suit grinned evilly at me. He blasted Fokani with a black light. She let go of his leg and backed up, she was still growling, but her side had small cuts and her ear was chipped. I let go of the angry rhinos and they all charged at him! He dodged them all accept one that cut a sleeve off his black suit. “Who are you, and what do you want?” I shouted. Who was this guy, and what did he want with me?” He grinned. “Alara, I am, The Hollow.” He had the same, raspy voice like the one I had heard in my mind earlier. And how did he know my name?! Not only is this guy acting like creep, but he also looks like one.

He grinned with amusement and stepped forward. A little ball of shadow was forming in his hand, and Fokani was coming closer. “No Fokani.” I told her in my mind. “Stay back. Please.” She looked at me and flattened her ears. Now, I’m not crazy. That guy, or whatever he was, could kill her. She’s over thousands of years old, but that doesn’t make her invincible. She stayed back but still growled at him, to show she wasn’t backing down just yet. I didn’t know who the shadow ball was for, but it couldn’t have been for me… He looked around the room. “Swell place ya got here… Oh my… I didn’t have such am amazing room when I lived in Fort Mystic… Must have changed up the place, that old Marpin.” What? He used to live in Fort Mystic?! That’s… Impossible! How did he get soo… evil? No… He’s a Fairy of darkness! He stepped closer, and looked at me with such menacing eyes, I felt a quench in my stomach and I had to look away. When he was close enough to me and Fokani was out of sight, I HAD to think of something, or who knows what could happen to me? What may he try to do? I cleared my mind. “Fokani, jump on him from the back. I’ll try to get help.” I told Fokani in my mind. She looked at me. “As you wish master, but are you sure this’ll work? It sounds pretty stupid…” “It will. Please Fokani. It’s our only chance.” “Fine.” She unsheathes her claws and jumps towards The Hollow. But then, he disappears in a shadow of black and Fokani plops to her feet. We both look around frantically. He might be anywhere! Suddenly, I feel air against my neck. I hear him breathing. I know it’s him. I feel frozen. Just like when I saw the shadow. My eyes widen and I look behind me. “WHAM!” I feel my self flailing across the room and I here a cry of agony that sounded like a cat screaming. I look through half-open eyes and I see Fokani laying on the floor in the corner of the room, out cold. I see him standing against the wall looking at me. I struggle to my feet and feel a lump in my arm. I look at it and I see a large purple bruise, and a hole in the wall where I hit. He looks at his nails and I stand there. “Just tell me what you- you want.” He blows his nails, paying little attention to my question. What is wrong with him? Why won’t he just… leave? Now I’ve read about villains and stuff like the joker, or the green Goblin, but this was a different type of Villain. The hero could actually pass on.
I glanced over at Fokani, who was still lying on the ground, completely out. I hope she’s all right. I looked around and he nudged closer, prepping to throw a shadow ball at me. It was swirling around his hand, and for some reason, the room got cold. It jumped like, 50 degrees down, and I was at the point of shivering. I prepped some wasps in one hand, and some angry bulls in another. I had only about 10 seconds to react, since he was lightning fast. I took a step back and released the bees and the bulls all at one time! I darted for the door, and ran out side it. I felt something tug at me leg, and I fell straight on my face. I looked back and saw a hand-shaped mass of shadow tugging at my leg. I saw blood dripping out of my nose, and I sucked it up and started to claw at the floor trying my best to get away from the shadow. Oh dear god, please help me! I thought. What, What if this was the end? Suddenly, I shot a herd of angry gazelles out of my palm, and I saw the shadow slowly unwrap around my leg. The Hollow bared his teeth at me and I saw a gazelle kick him in the face. I struggled to my feet and grabbed Fokani. Mr. Marpin came running down the Hallway from his office. “Alara!” He shouted. “I’m Fine!” I limped out the door and Mr. Marpin blasted huge balls of light at a shadow forming in the hallway, Josh ran over and took my shoulder. The elders stood by Mr. Marpin and started blasting with him. I heard shrieking and it disappeared out the window. Josh helped me over to a bench near Mr. Marpin’s office. I was breathing heavily and I realized. I was a bit more beat up then I thought. My nose was broken and bleeding, I had a huge scrape on my face and a bruise on my arm, and my legs felt like noodles. Josh looked at me deeply and I saw lots of worry in his eyes. He stroked Fokani and I looked at her. She had a bleeding cut on her side and ear, and she was breathing really heavily. “J- Josh, please. Treat Fokani first. I need her. I love her. I can’t lose her, not yet.” He nodded and helped me stand up, before taking Fokani. I’ll get some of the most advanced healing Fairies I can. But, you have to come to the Infirmary with me.” I nodded, and I leaned on him for support while we walked to the Infirmary.

Whispers
Whispers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum