Many Authors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» The Young Widow.......
A Ratchet and Clank Fan Fiction- Father and Son EmptyFri May 03, 2013 8:33 am by Froggy

» Friends Don't Exist
A Ratchet and Clank Fan Fiction- Father and Son EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:31 pm by Froggy

» Give the emoticon an expression
A Ratchet and Clank Fan Fiction- Father and Son EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:26 pm by Whispers

» Destruction Lists
A Ratchet and Clank Fan Fiction- Father and Son EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:24 pm by Whispers

» New banner
A Ratchet and Clank Fan Fiction- Father and Son EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:40 pm by Froggy

» At the End fo Eight Years
A Ratchet and Clank Fan Fiction- Father and Son EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:17 pm by Knyfe

» March activity check
A Ratchet and Clank Fan Fiction- Father and Son EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:50 am by Knyfe

» Resident Evil- Head Shot
A Ratchet and Clank Fan Fiction- Father and Son EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:59 pm by Whispers

» Would you rather?
A Ratchet and Clank Fan Fiction- Father and Son EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:50 am by Froggy

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
The Villagers

free forum

A Ratchet and Clank Fan Fiction- Father and Son

Go down

A Ratchet and Clank Fan Fiction- Father and Son Empty A Ratchet and Clank Fan Fiction- Father and Son

Post  Whispers Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:26 pm

Chapter 1- Son of Who?

My hectic dream had just faded into black, and my eyes slowly opened. My head was bursting, and my arms and legs were heavy. I didn’t feel it until I tried to get up. I slowly lifted my body off the bed and a shock of pain that felt like 20 volts of electricity shot up my body.
“Ahhh!”
I let go of myself and looked down. Underneath my armor, I saw stains of blood. I didn’t dare lift it up, for who knows what the wound could look like. I did my best to keep breathing. I looked behind me to see if I still had a tail… Yeah, it was still there. But then, I remembered something. Clank!
Clank was my greatest friend. He’s been with me on many of my adventures, and aids me in almost every battle. I try to avoid calling him robot, because he doesn’t like that very much. I looked around franticly for him. Chances are he might be here. I managed to step off the bed and walk around. When I’m at the corner of the room, something flashes at the corner of my eye, and I turned around. There he was!
“Clank!”
I ran or limped, I guess to him, and saw him out cold, knocked out. When I got closer, I spotted one of his arms separated from his body. While looking around, I saw it glinting in the corner of the room. Then I noticed. Everything was metal! The bed I was once on was metal, the floor, the walls, and there were force fields blocking every entrance!
“All right Clank. Let’s get you running again.”
I saw my Omni- Wrench 3000 in a trash can in the corner of the room.
“How dumb of them to leave it here… But good for me.”
I grabbed it out of the can and screwed the frail arm back onto clank. While I was doing so, he shot up, with such a speed that almost gave me a mini heart attack. He stared into space for a moment, his eyes a dim green light.
“Recovering, Recovering, Recovering…”
Recovering? What does that mean?
“Clank? Clank, are you all right? Is something wrong?”
He stopped saying recovering and looked at me.
“I am fine, Ratchet.”
“Phew.”
“Glad you still know my name. You were pretty banged up there.”
His eyes avert downward to my wound.
“Ratchet, you are hurt…”
“Nah, there’s nothing wrong. Don’t worry about it.”
Even though I said that, I know this wound is extreme, and if I don’t find some Nanotech, a helpful healing technology, this wound could be fatal. Clank analyzed the room.
“Where is Angela?”
Angela is one of our close friends. We first met when she was disguised as a thief, trying to steal Megacorp, a weapon facility’s newest experiment. The protopet. She later on flunked the mission, due to me and clank’s catching up, and agreed to help us get rid of the rabid model.
“Beats me. We must’ve lost her when that thing ambushed us. She could be in custody, just like us though. I just hope she’s all right…”
I flicked my ear.
“We are in prison, Ratchet. Do you not notice?”
I look towards him.
“Yeah, I noticed. How do you suppose we get out of this heap of metal?”
He looked around and his eyes stuck on something flashing red just outside the force field.
“That button may offer our only way out. Unscrew that air ventilation shaft in the corner, and I will unlock the force field on the other side.”
I saw the vent in the corner, (which was pretty hard to spot due to everything being metal) and unscrewed the bolts on it with my wrench. He hopped off the metallic bed and stood at the edge of the vent.
“I will be right back.”
I watched him walk out, and looked back down at my wound.
“HEY, AND CLANK, TRY TO FIND SOME NANOTECH ON THE WAY!”
I shouted just in case he was too far away to hear me. His head poked back in.
“Okay.”
I had to laugh at the suddenness of it, but as I started to laugh, my wound hurt again. So I kept my jaws shut. I finally got the guts to lift up the bloody part of my armor, then I saw a hole, it was red and bleeding, and there was a blaster bullet stuck in the middle.
“Ahhh, that’s gross.”
After about 10 minutes, I started tapping my foot impatiently. Where was he? Just then, I heard a zapping noise. I looked around and all the force fields were disabled. Clank was pushing a box, and it had a glowing sphere of 4 purple nano’s intertwining with each other.
“You found Nanotech! Thanks pal.”
Clank smiled and pushed it towards me. I broke it open with my wrench and closed my eyes as the purple tech flew into my body, repairing it from the inside out. I was still a bit sore, but I felt way better, and I think the wound is closed.
“Let’s get out of here!”
I flung him on my back and started running out the prison. I saw the light ahead, a door open, and boy am I ready to get out of here. I’ve never liked prison. Nobody should. But just then, the metal door slammed shut in front of me.
“Ahhh, what the…?”
I heard a small, squeaky voice behind me. I could still hear it, but it was rather annoying.
“Where do you think you are going, Lombax?”
Why did he call me Lombax? Wait… That voice… It sounds familiar… I turned around, and saw a small figurine in the distance. It was barely 4 feet tall, and stood upright, 3 guards twice its height at its side. I pinch my eyes to try to see him better.
“Who are you?”
It comes closer, and then I see it. A bug- like thing, with 6 brown legs, bright yellow eyes, and red arms that faded into a light blue around its elbows.
“You don’t recognize me, Lombax? I am Percival Tachyon the 2nd, son of Emperor Percival Tachyon!”
My heart froze. That, that cragmite I killed almost a year ago, had a son?!
“Before my father killed off your miserable species, he left me, an infant, to my mother, Electryza to take care of me. But after a full month, he had not returned! My mother left to find him, and she promised she’d come back, but after waiting a week, I finally realized, that she was either killed or abandoned me, So surviving on scraps on a deserted polluted trash can of a planet, I finally was old enough to teach myself about ships. I then built a small space pod from scratch and crash-landed on this planet, where these robots found me and took me in. So here you are, Lombax…”
Wow. That’s a pretty rough childhood. He peered at me with such Anger and Rage, I think I heard him growl. I search for a weak spot, and boomeranged my wrench underneath his legs, and he fell over. I caught it when it flew back to me.
“SEIZE HIM!”
I turned and stepped on the button opening the door, while running, I heard clank shout to me.
“Ratchet! Watch out!”
I jumped to the side just in time and saw an electricity cable zap on the ground, aiming for my leg. I saw a cliff ahead, and had no choice but to jump.
“HANG ON, CLANK!”
I leaped off the cliff, my arms and legs flailing like ragdoll limbs in the air as I fell.
“AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!”
I heard something open and flap above me, and I saw clank’s Robo- Wings, a green wing-like paraglide that mystical beings called The Zoni gave Clank things to help us on our adventures.
I grabbed the handles and we soared through the sky, my tail flickering behind me. I even laughed a little, feeling that amazing wind in my fur. We touched down, and I landed firmly on the ground. I turned around and saw the figure stare at me from above, and then disappear. Talk about a creep. Clank retracted his Robo- Wings and sprouted out his regular hands.
“That was pretty close.”
Clank looked around.
“Ratchet, I have spotted a ship, not r from here, and it is approaching.”
“Really?”
I focused ahead, and saw a purple ship hovering towards us. The ship got near us, and the lid opened. It was Angela. Something else I forgot to mention, she’s also a Lombax. I think… Well, she has the smarts with tech, but I’m not sure… She’s never spoken about her being a lombax or anything, so I consider myself the only one. I don’t even think she knows it…
“Angela! Are you all right? Where were you?”
“Hey there Ratchet and Clank! Hop in, and I’ll tell ya everything!”
I strutted over to her ship and jumped in, sitting on the cozy seat next to her. Clank sat in the middle seat, and she flipped up the switch for the boosters. We blasted into the atmosphere, and I started to see the stars in space.
*Sorry is this was a corny way to end it. xD*

Chapter 2- ‘Buying’ a Ship

Me, Angela and Clank were in space, and she was spilling it like hot soup.
“I saw a huge robot walking towards you, and I saw you start to run, but then… A soldier at the top of that huge robot pulled out a blaster and shot you with it… I tried to help, but, they were already carrying you and clank down to the prison.”
I paused for a minute.
“So then what did you do after that?”
“I ran back to my headquarters and got my ship. You guys were already moving off the radar, so I followed you. Then I found you two on that clearing.”
“That explains a lot.”
She looked at me worried.
“You all right? I saw where that blaster bullet went.”
I smiled. Fine. Clank found me some Nanotech on the way. The wounds pretty much closed, but when I get back to my garage, I’ve got to change my armor.”
She smiled warmly, and then flicked up something on her ship. It was probably the turbo-Boosters she installed on her ship a month ago. Those things work like a charm.
“Engaging Turbo-Boosters.”
We rattled a little, than she put on a troubled face.
“What’s wrong?”
“I-I felt someone shoot us.”
How? It’s probably those dang guards again working for Percival. Darn it! Now my friends in the mix too.”
“Activating turrets and Hyper-Shield. Safety first!”
The ship rattled a bit more, and 5 enemy ships came into sight in the rearview mirror.
“Angela! 9:00!”
She thrusted the ships turret lever and aimed before firing 5 spiked turrets. Wow. She’s upgraded them the last time I’ve seen this ship. The turrets blasted two of the enemy ships out of the sky, but those ships are heavily armed. They won’t go out so quickly. Another blast from the second ship rattled ours. We then heard the ship’s voice speak.
“Boosters offline.”
“Awwww, Not now!”
“Radar offline.”
“Landing sequence offline.”
Angela tried her best to keep us in the air.
“Ratchet! We’re going to have to crash land!”
I wasn’t a fan of crash landing; it could result in a lot of injuries.
“Crash land?! Is there another way?!”
She smiled at me desperately. We’re going to crash. It’s official. I’ve been in worse situations…
“Put on your seatbelts everybody!!!”
She screamed in a sick humor.
We got blasted one more time and started falling out of space, nearing a lush green planet. The back of the ship was smoking, and the warning sign was blaring in the ship as deafening as a loudspeaker.
“Warning, Warning, Warning! Nearing altitude!”
I heard a crash, and plants flew all around the ship. Me, Angela and Clank were screaming our lungs out every time the ship bounced off the ground.
“AHHHHHHHHHH! OH MY GOD!!!!! AHHHHHHHH! WE’RE GONNA DIE!”
She was screaming even louder though, her ears flattened against her head. I closed my eyes and felt us falling straight down. I heard a loud crash, and my hearing went faint.
I opened my eyes, and Angela was knocked out. Her forehead was bleeding, and the ship’s air bag was propped up on her thigh. I looked up and finally started to hear again.
“Ratchet! Ratchet! Can you hear me ratchet?!”
I sat up and nodded so he can know I’m not seriously hurt. He sighed with relief.
“A- Angela is hurt, Clank. Let’s get out of this ship.”
I ignored the blood trickling down the side of my forehead and lifted her up by the hips. While carrying her out, I placed her on the ground.
“Alright… Is there any chance we might find some nanotech anywhere?”
Clank looked up at me like I was the dumbest person in the galaxy.
“The chances are partial. We are in a forest planet!”
“All right…”
The planet was like an overgrown garden. The floor had plants sprouting everywhere, and you can’t walk 2 steps with out stepping on one. I saw a large flower in the corner, and for a second, it looked like it had teeth. I backed away and held my Wrench close. Don’t want to mess with those things, whatever they are.
“Clank, you stay here with Angela, and I’ll go check out the planet. I’ll come back as soon as I get some valuable information.” My mind was on overdrive. If I could, I could probably even find a ship. Possibly. I looked all around before walking out of a bush. I tried my best not to get in at least a 1 foot radius of those plants that looked like they had teeth. They could be carnivorous.
I came across an empty field, not too far from a station up ahead. I knew that I’d need some bolts, the universes type of money, if I wanted to get some nanotech. I did a quick check. Great. 6 miserable bolts. What will I do with 6 bolts? Buy a piece of candy with it, that’s what. 6 Bolts= Nothing in the real world, so kids, be careful what you wish for, bolts can be limited.
I stuffed the disgrace back in my armor pocket and jogged up the hill leading to the station. There, there was a man that sorta looked like a cross between a sea monster and a robot. I walked up to him and he jumped back, then behind me, with lightning speed! I could only see his hand coming towards me, then I swung my wrench with full force, and he reappeared in front of me.
“Who do you think you are?!”
I looked towards him and perked my ears.
“I have no I dead who YOU are, so don’t go attacking people you don’t even know!”
He growled and nudged forward, and I put my wrench in front of my chest. I had a tough look on my face, even though inside I wanted to just get some nanotech and leave. He saw my hesitance, and backed away.
“Hmmm, stranger, want to buy, a vehicle?”
I peered at him suspiciously. First of all, how do you go RANDOMLY ATTACKING people you don’t know, then backing off and asking them if they want to buy a black market Item?
“Well, that depends.”
I answered smartly.
“What type of vehicle?”
He scratched his chin, which had black stubbles on it that appeared to be really painful.
“Well, a ship, of course.”
I wanted to get some facts, not buy a ship, so I altered the suggestion and changed the subject a bit.
“First, where am I?”
“You’re on planet Fungor, the lush, green planet or the forest!”
Fungor? I’ve never heard of that planet before.
“Listen. I need a ship for me and my friends. But… I only have 6 bolts-“
“BOLTS?! You think I want your rusty bolts? No! Think of this free ship as a… Gift. From me to you.”
Smugglers like this often sell you ‘brand new looking’ ships, that end up being a scrap of metal and fall apart as soon as you start using it. If I take this ship, I could be putting my life into this guy’s hand.
“Hmmm… Show it to me.”
He pulled a device out of his black trench coat and pressed a red polished button on it. A ship came hovering down, with a beautiful (which was probably fake) paint job that made me want to melt. It was a silky glossy red color, with sophisticated black devices on the inside. I jumped in, and raised it off the ground, testing it. I sounded fine. Like there were no problems, nothing.
“THANKS!”
He gave me a twisted smile which made me kind of tense, and I blasted away.
A few miles away from the station I was just at, I spotted Angela up and fine, speaking to clank. I touched down, and she pulled out her star launcher, ready to shoot at me.
“Don’t shoot!”
I jumped out and laughed as I held my hands up.
“Hey, stripe- face. Where you been?”
I hate that new nickname she chose for me. I walked towards her and winked at clank.
“I found a station not too far from here and a smuggler sold me this ship. He said it was free.”
She scoffed and her tail lashed.
“Ratchet, that dude could have been playing you. Did you try it out?”
“I flew all the way here with it. Seems fine to me.”
“Fine. But if that thing crashes, I’m blaming you, not the smuggler.”
She walked slowly over to the ship and jumped inside.
“Dang, these seats are cozy!”
I laughed silently to myself and Clank looked at me.
“If this ship does not crash, good job Ratchet.”
“Thanks pal. I guess.”
I walked over to the ship and jumped in, clank following.
Angela gripped the ship steering and smiled widely.
“Next stop, Metropolis!”

Whispers
Whispers

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum